Monday, May 19, 2014

A productive day




Today was so beautiful in NC I decided to make a trellis for my climbing hydrangea.  I gathered dead limbs and built this.  It was finished in 2 hours.  If you can ignore the empty pots, ladder and the black garden trailer behind the trellis, please?  (sheepish grin)  I chose a climbing hydrangea because it's a flowering vine that can take some shade.  It will have lace cap flowers eventually.  I used 12' steel rebar for the bones of the trellis and then attached dead limbs.

What are you adding to your landscape this Spring?  I tend to add or change something around every year.  I had a rose garden in the back for 5 years, but this year I moved all the roses to the front yard, and placed a crepe myrtle in their place.




This is what it will look like in about 10 years.  Climbing hydrangea is a slow growing vine. (click the photo to see a larger view)  By the time it gets this big, I'll have built a larger, stronger trellis.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I think I could do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this idea! I built something like this at my elderly parents house, thanks for the idea! I put clematis on their trellis.

    ReplyDelete