Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Do you need to trade?

One of my blog posts seemed to resonate with my readers.  A friend of mine, Glory, wrote part of this one, I simply rearranged her thoughts a little.

What we say affects us and everyone around us, either negatively or positively.  The way we talk can change the atmosphere in a room. You can enter a place right after there has been an argument and feel the oppression in the atmosphere. But when you enter a place where there is joy and laughter it lifts you up.
  • Proverbs 18:20 Death and life are in the power of the tongue
  • Proverbs 21:23 Who keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps his soul from troubles.
  • Psalm 34:12 What man is he that desires life, and loves many days, that he may see good? 13 Keep your tongue from evil, and your lips from speaking guile. 14 Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
  • Psalm 141:3 Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.
  • Proverbs 16:1 The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.
  • Psalm 17:4 Concerning the works of men, by the word of thy lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer.
  • Matt 12:36-37 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men speak, they shall give account in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.
That can sure cut down on our talking! Choose the words you speak wisely. Watch what you sow into your life, the things we are putting into our minds. Sooner or later that’s what we will produce. So if we don’t like what we are reaping, we can choose how to think and what to say. We will give account for every idle word we speak. Idle words are not productive.
  • Prov. 6:2 Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.
  •  Eph. 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. 30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption
  • James 3:5 So also the tongue is a small part of the body, and yet it boasts of great things. See how great a forest is set aflame by such a small fire!
No person can tame their tongue, but it can be tamed by making the choice to let the Spirit of God have control.
  • Psalm 39:1  I said, I will take care of my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.
  • Colossians 4:6  Everything you say should be kind and well thought out so that you know how to answer everyone.
  • Psalm 19:14  Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment